Professional Development to Enhance Quality Improvement
The ACP Certificate program builds the skills required for effective discussions and documentation of ACP and satisfies the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH) annual requirement for staff training.
What is the GOCCNJ ACP Certificate Program?
This on-demand, virtual, professional development program is designed to increase the competence and confidence in staff member’s ability to facilitate conversations about ACP.
- Participants study at their own time and pace
- Includes 8 easy-to access, 10-minute video modules for all staff members
- Access to a library of patient and family education videos to prepare patients and their decision-makers for care planning meetings
- Upon completion of the ACP Certification Program, staff members receive a personalized certificate of completion
“The Goals of Care Coalition of New Jersey is a dependable resource and partner for our team. We value their guidance and have seen the positive impact it has made.”
—Joseph W., Senior VP, Long-Term Care
How Does it Help?
- Increases the number of healthcare providers (HCPs) who can participate in and bill for ACP
- Fulfills NJDOH requirements for annual training mandated for all hospital, long-term care and private practice staff
- Fulfills NJDOH requirement that patients and family members be provided with educational resources on ACP, palliative care and POLST
HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS AND PATIENTS
- Increases understanding and value of ACP
- Explains the differences between palliative and hospice care and when these services can be used
- Addresses cultural, psychosocial and spiritual issues
- Explains the differences between advance directives and POLST
- Defines the role that POLST plays in end-of-life care
- Improves HCPs ability to effectively use POLST to document patient wishes
ACP Certificate Program in Clinical Practice
97 % of users rate the ACP Certification program as EXCELLENT or VERY GOOD
- 97% 97%
97 % of users WOULD RECOMMEND the ACP Certification program
- 97% 97%
“We are committed to staff development and the ACP Certificate program helped our staff ‘speak the same language’ about advance care planning.”
—Karine S., MSN RN, Regional Director, Long-Term Care
To learn more about the Advance Care Planning Certificate Program and how your staff can benefit from this quality improvement initiative while meeting NJDOH requirements, please visit the GOCCNJ Learning Center or contact us for more information.